To register with Renovate America, contractors must provide the following information:
- Valid IRS W-9.
- Proof of insurance documentation, including, but not limited to, meeting all general liability, bonding and workers compensation insurance requirements for the state’s contractor licensing board or local equivalent (limits may vary by state).
- Valid/active contractor’s license when a statewide licensing board is present. In the absence of a statewide licensing board, the contractor must provide valid business and/or trade license(s) for the cities and counties the contractor does business in, if required.
- Company address, Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN), and tax classification (such as sole proprietor, LLC, etc.). This information must match what is on the W-9, insurance documents, contractor license and/or business licenses.
- Signed Renovate America Registered Contractor Participation Agreement
- Successful identification verification or uploaded government-issued identification such as a license, passport, etc.
Additional contractor requirements may vary by state or region. Renovate America will conduct a due diligence review of the items provided and inform the contractor of approval or next steps.
After registering with us, all contractors and all individuals who perform services for registered contractors in connection with Renovate America’s financing products must do the following:
- Adhere to our Code of Conduct, which is designed to support and guide you as you work with us,
- Comply with our contractor Terms and Conditions,
- Act responsibly and professionally when offering financing to interested homeowners,
- Complete a training course on some of our most important compliance expectations.